Monday, August 1, 2011

The "S Word"

, Warning: Blunt, mature content, prepare yourself. Maybe...or maybe I'll sugarcoat it. I don't know.

The S word: sex! (oral sex is sex too)

True love waits. It may sound naive & we may have the rings that proclaim it & choose not to wear them on occasion for that reason, but it's true and it's not something to be ashamed of.

True love, a love that is centered around Christ has no intension of making sex the focus of it. Sure, we are sexual beings, made in the image of God, but we are sinful and we don't always keep the things the Lord made to be sacred, unshared. Please, save SOMETHING, don't share everything with anyone who hasn't made a lifetime commitment to you.

I wish I could say my life was free of temptation, but gosh it's not at all. I wish I could say I have made the right decisions every single time when it came to relationships and that I had never had a man in my bed with impure things going on between us. Maybe it wasn't sex, maybe it was only a kiss -- but what were our intensions behind our time in that bedroom? I know better but for some reason, I'll find myself in compromising situations that seem impossible to escape.

At the end of the day we have to stand firm in our values and beliefs, even when it is hard, trust me, it will be hard. Don't negotiate the desires of your heart for the desires of your pants or the desires of your reputation. It is not a negative thing to be the "good girl/guy". There are people out there worth waiting for and that won't pressure you into moving forward physically. It's gonna be worth the wait, even if it simply just gives you more of an opportunity to focus on the Lord in your own life before you can stand firm in a Godly relationship.

SRT: Silver Ring Thing, it's a Christian tour speaking out about abstinence. At the end of the sermon, after the skits & testimonies, attendants are encouraged to purchase a ring and join the world-wide chase after saving something for the marriage bed: sex. I have one and I take it off, I lay it down and forget about it because it's easier. If you are struggling or approaching an age where you are having to make tough decisions about relationships, please look up the tour dates and check this out: I am going to look it up and take my little sister so that I can go again and be reminded why I should be living a life that is corresponding with the life I strive for and seem to be living out.
Silver Ring Thing Site

It's not a ring that makes a decision, but it's a reminder.
It's your life, how much are you going to throw yourself around before you realize you're worth more.

No comments:

Post a Comment