Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Evidentiary Support

I'm sure that you have all heard the expression "don't settle for less than you deserve" but what I am trying to say is: "Be worthy of getting what you were created to have."

There are plenty of people who will throw their bodies or feelings around for you to tug on, without much concern of the aftermath but I'm a firm believer in not giving in, standing your ground and even when it's hard because you've made miserably huge mistakes, pick up that cross and remember your worth.

I am no where near perfect. I am a sinner that has a lustful heart and sometimes acts on those lustful desires but in the morning, when God breaks me down and speaks through others to me because I don't pick up my Bible enough to hear His own voice, he tells me, "keep your heart beautiful, Danielle." The Holy Spirit that is purely from the Almighty King, Himself, is the only thing that makes my heart beautiful and I don't even guard it as well as He commands. I can tell myself over and over again that I will be strong when it is hard, I will say no when temptation arises, I will not focus my sight on the things of this world but on the eternal kingdom. Well, to think is one thing and to act is another, where are my actions in those beliefs, where is the evidence of Christ in my life?

At Breakaway, the largest college ministry in the nation, conveniently held in an arena on my campus, in a small conservative town of College Station, Tx, where you'd think it'd be easy to be living a Christian lifestyle, I was told not to let this time of my life pass me by. These years are the most passionate times of our lives. We, as students, are passionate about academics. We, as friends, sons, daughters, significant others, teammates, co-workers, family, Christians, passionate about relationships. We are passionate about graduating and holding a degree reminding us what we've done here. But we are missing it if we are not letting God's truth be a passion that spills from our very beings. Where is the evidence of Jesus' death and resurrection, the evidence of God's merciful infinite love for us?


I began to wonder where these Godly men who were on their knees in awe of our Maker or throwing their hands up, jumping around in joy of the workings of the Lord were in my everyday life. Where am I outside of the safe zones of Christian boundaries? Northgate? Drinking? Kissing someone I have no intension of dating? Where are you? Why can't I pick someone out from a crowd and say they love the Lord and I can tell because it radiates off of them? Why can't others do that in my life? Why am I so quick to point out the flaws on others when my own hands are not clean?

I so desperately want to be living for the Lord. I want to be passionate about something that will last beyond just the next day. I keep telling myself to stop going for these "bad guys", stop being bothered by  other people's choices because Danielle, you need to worry about YOU. Get your priorities straight, stand firm in Faith, even if blindly so, because it's gonna be worth it but you have to be worthy of it first. Let the Lord fulfill you.

"If your law had not been what I am fond of,
Then I should have perished in my affliction.
To time indefinite I shall not forget your orders,
Because by them you have preserved me alive.
I am yours. O save me..."

Pslam 119: 92-94




No comments:

Post a Comment