Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Monday Morning Smile

As I waited behind a long line of people waiting to order coffee in the Memorial Student Center, I noticed the girl in front of me fumbling through her bag, coming up empty. I, feeling in an oddly jolly mood for an early Monday morning and understanding what a sore subject being denied coffee is, offered to buy hers since she had obviously forgotten her wallet. She hesitatingly accepted as I jokingly attempted to convince her that it could be my "good deed of the day". After she ordered, we introduced ourselves, talked briefly about our futures, what we wanted in life. We eventually figured out that she went to high school with my good friend and we shared a few other common friends, small world! As our time came to a close and we parted ways, her smile stuck with me. It was so genuine and full of thanks for such a small deed.

For the remainder of the day her smile kept me smiling, contagiously. I'm glad for getting just a small peek into another Aggie's life and for the reminder that giving is always better than receiving.

It's the simple things, even just a sweet smile over a cup of coffee on a Monday morning that spur on the truest happiness in this life, I'm convinced.

Starbucks Coffee
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiY2S-G3P7vsQLMq6MYyWQR0jjkwuS4BwvwPTBn9D1VFQzYnd2lNFPvV0XoUU8CicYJqYooZSkGAxhaEHsk1m7SwgaSlrNW0ksY6PrfdVv5hMyX_RQrY0KxAXxB3vd28R43t4jp21mX-7o/s1600/starbucks-cup-quote.jpg

2 comments:

  1. That was super sweet of you! It's so easy to do little things for others like holding the door open, or just a genuine smile. It brightens up their day and your's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do for a person in need- nothing crazy or wildly expensive, but just a great gesture. I bet it made her day better as well!

    ReplyDelete