Saturday, April 20, 2013

Better Than Before

I've found myself lately in the midst of flooding announcements: pregnancies, engagements, babies being born, people graduating college, marriages, life-changing events taking place. I tell myself that it's just one of those significant ages when everything seems to be occurring.

But one sticks out to me.

One reminds me how beautiful the Lord makes our stories after we find ourselves fretting for a while.

One takes me back to memories of many starry nights, future plans, outside adventures, prayers, and one single seemingly broken heart.

A name that brought my own to mind when heard by anyone that knew of either of us. A match that was so sweet, it was almost too good to be true...

& it was.

The man that showed me every day what it was to be pursued by a man of God, the man that all but promised me his heart forever, prayed with me every single night (even if it had to be through the phone) that we were living according to a future out of our own hands-- for divine intervention
...is engaged.

& I want so badly to wonder why it wasn't me or wonder why the feelings he had weren't mutual from me when there was absolutely no reason why they shouldn't have been. So many things I cannot answer except that he ended up with the right girl and the Lord's faithfulness is so beautiful to experience. Promise is so much more meaningful than doubt or hesitancy.

This engagement was so unexpectantly significant in my own life. I love how I got to watch as the Lord mended a heart I couldn't learn to claim as my own, this sweet boy's. I love how we have a healing Savior that takes our brokenness and slowly repairs it until we have forgotten what has broken it at all & we find ourselves facing something far better.

"There are far better things ahead than we will ever leave behind."

This is one instance I am so incredibly thankful for better things, even if it is me that is what is being left behind. Because when something is right, it is more wonderful than all other options. I'm thankful for relationships that get to build us up in various ways throughout our lives, people that point us toward Him, allowing us to bask in His goodness, then prepare us for things that we will find later.

Engagements are so exciting & I'm thankful that this one, too, is still so sweet to me and not full of bitterness or regret. What a delightful future I see ahead for those two and for myself that has made being patient for it that much easier.

I am beyond excited for you! I hope that you know how unique and precious you are, how rare it is to find someone so faithful, so honest, so willing to be humble before God. I hope you know how many lives you have helped change, how many people that have come to know their Maker because of your encouraging words, how many people are eternally changed for knowing you, including me. I am not the same girl I was before you, before you accepting the valleys of my life and making them seem small, dealing so gently with my fragile nature. I am thankful for you, always. You taught me what it meant to be in a pursuit toward something greater, mutually and that even when it didn't lead down the path you had in mind that it was still wonderful and worth it. I wish you a lifetime of gentle lessons, mutual growth, and the sweetest of moments that project you forward, never leaving you to look back. Oh, and love, so so much love...you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment