Monday, October 24, 2011

Multiple Thanks'

My spiritual life has been taking bold strides forward. It is a season in life that is joyful and constantly reminding of God's goodness and blessings.

My mom just got a job she has been hoping to get for a long time now, since she graduated with her Masters degree, an answered prayer.

I am so thankful for the abundance of blessings I have become aware of in life right now. Even if just the presence of a very sweet, sweet puppy or an "I love you" from a dear friend. Life has been its own kind of beautiful, a mere reflection of the Lord, Himself.

I am thankful, each day has been a new reason for thanksgiving.

I learned today that if within a relationship there is harsh speech or action toward one another (from one or both parties) or feelings of superiority or ridicule, there is a higher chance of illness. As I posted earlier this week, I have been struck with illness in this life, especially lately. I am recovering from a viral respiratory infection that started over a month ago, about the time I had an encounter with an ex-boyfriend, at which time he said & did a lot of truly hurtful things that stung my heart. I have been ill since. I have been physically and emotionally wounded. My heart hurt out of desperation for approval, Satan's lies in form of words from someone I though would always care for me and the vulnerability to internalize things I knew better than to believe.

Slowly I am overcoming this entire situation and hurt with the idea that God works all things for His good. I don't even fully understand it yet, but each day is closer to wanting it more, wanting His will to succeed over my own, the loosening of a tight grip on things I have kept close for too long. I am letting go and it has never felt better or more real than it has tonight. I have been in His Truth and been filled with Godly advice, guidance and friendship that has brought me farther than I ever could have come alone. Thankful, again.

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the Earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness, come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
We are His people, the sheep of His pasture.


Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations."
Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment