Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Here's to Aggieland.

Today I am overwhelmingly reminded how much I love this town. I love the way my puppy chases the leaves by the pond across the street. I love the many parks and trails. I love that it is full of youthful fun, big dreams, and gold rings. I love meeting new people, exploring new buildings, traditions. I love that as an Aggie you are never forgotten. I love meeting old Ags and swapping stories. I love the football games, midnight yell, the many things that make Aggieland so unique. I love it here and I am in no hurry to leave.

I love that each credit I gain, each person I meet, each life lesson I conquer outside of the classroom was all part of the plan, God's plan that continues to sweetly surprise me. I remember how hard I worked to get here and I remember how hard the semester when I found out I had been accepted was to finish elsewhere because I just could not bare to be anywhere but College Station. I was so excited for the chapter Aggieland would open I couldn't stand it. I was beyond myself to move here and until I feel that excited about whatever is next in my life, I won't go. I will not feel mediocre or apathetic toward what is in store after college. So, I'm gonna stretch college out a little longer because I love where I am and see plenty of potential right here.

So, not yet will I leave.
I don't know what I want to do after college & that's okay.
Sure, I'll get a job, go to grad school somewhere else, whatever else, but not yet.

So goodbye to the plans I had for graduating on time.
Goodbye to chasing everyone else's dream.
Goodbye to 18 hour course loads and the balancing act of an overpacked schedule of work, school and minimal play. I am here to learn, yes, but I am not here to nearly suffocate myself in the amount of work I strive to do all at once. This semester was one of the worst & I can now pinpoint why. I was playing catch up, playing by everyone else's rules to gain the same result of those around me but that's not me. I have to do what is best for me, individually and sometimes selfishly take absolutely everyone else out of the equation.

So, I have & this is what I have concluded:

I'll potentially graduate in December of 2013. I will not overwhelm myself with school or work. I'll get my ring whenever I can afford to pay for it myself. & after all of that? We'll see. I will go from there.

I have been so peaceful and content lately with where I am and admitting that I don't want to graduate yet or in May ...or in August. I still feel really young. I'm not ready for the corporate world ringer. I'm not ready to be engaged or paying for a life I think sounds nice. I'm not ready to leave Aggieland.

I just want to be young for the last time in my life. I want a year of finishing up and not worrying how or when things will work out. I want one more year before I have to make any huge decisions and be alright with the idea of knowing what I have to do won't always match others' plans but they're mine & it's good.

So, here's to Aggieland & all that it still has to offer
Whoop! :)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, 
who have been called according to His purpose.
(Romans 8:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment