Sunday, July 7, 2013

Maybe Summer

I thought in many ways this summer would feel small. I didn't have any grand vacations planned, no traveling overseas to share the Gospel, just working, taking classes, and seeing what came up along the way.

I love how sometimes the Lord reveals better plans to us.

I've had the opportunity to serve as a leader for what Grace Bible Church likes to call "Growth Groups" and have fallen humbly into this loving group of sweet girls who love the Lord and want to know Him more. I have learned so much sharing personal stories, tears, laughs, and traveling through the journey of Peter in the Bible alongside them. As I have been challenged to memorize scripture each week, I've found myself more equipped to use it, more willing to share it, more joyful to be saved by Amazing Grace, encouraging others to do the same.
A few of the girls I share my Thursday nights with. :)


Last week we looked at Matthew 14 and verse hit me deeper than before.

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." 
(Matthew 14:28)

I want to be like Peter in this specific moment. I want to be asking to be commanded by the Lord, despite risks. I want to leave my doubt knowing Jesus is near to me and in return, have my Faith renewed.

Maybe that's exactly what this summer is supposed to be about.

Maybe all the extras of finding a really sweet, Godly man excitedly pursuing me or getting to enjoy the perks of this college town with my roommates, etc....maybe those are extra.

I feel so blessed, so sweetly surprised, and so undeservingly loved.

This summer has had so many small moments that have added up to something unforgettable: lifelong friendships, new opportunities, and to put it simply, Faith, an abundance of blind Faith that is growing.

Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the water
wherever you would call me.

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
& my Faith will be made stronger
in the presence of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment